Friday, March 27, 2009

...Of Kit Carson & William Cody

Howdy, Partners!

Two links for you today. See, below. The first is a FREE "popcorn-at-your-p.c." experience, I mean, this is awesome! It's Public Television's "American Experience" documentary of the life of the famous Kit Carson. This "American Experience" series is one reason I can never avoid giving money to public television; they do so dang much for us all and they do it, most always, with impeccable artistry, which engages me to the core! I was TOTALLY surprised to find this video available on line, and you don't have to sign up or download anything, simply click on the link and begin watching. Also, they've done us all a favor and posted the series in chapters, so you can come back and watch another chapter as you please. You'd better JUMP on this one, because I, for one, wouldn't want to risk them taking it offline before I got a chance to view it. This is the first "American Experience" documentary I've seen them make available and I love them for doing it. I watched the whole thing in one sitting, because I find that I lose the facts and storyline when I watch a chapter and come back, another day, to view another chapter.

Next, I've also posted a link to my audio show page, where I interviewed the Director of the Buffalo Bill Museum and Grave, in Golden, Colorado. I don't know if I would have thought much to watch the Kit Carson documentary if it had not been for the fact that I became more aware of Kit Carson and his importance as a result of this interview on the life of William Cody (Buffalo Bill); Cody was a huge fan of Carson's and named his own son "Kit," in homage to his hero. I hope you listen to enjoy that interview.

Here's those two links, as well as some further products of interest:

Kit Carson PBS Documentary Link: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/carson/program/

My Interview Link on Buffalo Bill: http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/32161

Happy Trails...

No comments:

Post a Comment